Moving your ideas forward
Three Oaks Innovations, Inc. (TOI) works directly with UPEI researchers or with small and medium businesses to identify, evaluate, protect, and commercialize intellectual property resulting from research activities.
TOI works with the UPEI research community and small and medium businesses to:
- protect the IP generated by researchers, through a variety of approaches, including patenting, copyright, and trademark
- identify sources of funding, both from government and industry, which can help advance research with commercial potential
- promote and market the opportunities for technology transfer to potential industry partners
- negotiate licenses with industry or faculty start-ups, for inventions that arise from research
- provide information to researchers on technology transfer and the commercialization process
- assist researchers in recognizing the commercial potential of their research
- foster a culture of innovation for UPEI faculty, staff, and students
- create strong relationships between the UPEI research community and the businesses, governments, and NGOs that translate knowledge to useful products, policies, and services.