Three Oaks Innovations, Inc. (TOI) is a not-for-profit corporation established in 2005 by the University of Prince Edward Island. TOI assists researchers in transforming their innovative ideas into commercial products, business opportunities, and public knowledge.
Technology, Knowledge Mobilization & Innovation
Three Oaks Innovations, Inc. (TOI) works in six core business and economic impact areas:
- Providing industry-focused contract research liaison. This includes linking businesses who are interested in improving their products and services with researchers who are interested in working with industry.
- Supporting the identification, evaluation, assessment, protection, and commercialization of UPEI-based innovations.
- Supporting the identification, evaluation, assessment, protection, and commercialization activities of small and medium PEI businesses on a contract basis.
- Advancing the process of commercialization by licensing and sale of intellectual property, patents, inventions, and transfer of knowledge to companies who will develop these into new products and services.
- Supporting the creation of new for-profit companies in product, services, and knowledge mobilization areas based on the innovative ideas of the University or the community.
- Support the transfer and mobilization of knowledge through the ongoing support of academic practice and policy-relevant research to maximize the UPEI contribution to social and economic impacts and benefits to the province and Canada.
Through the combination of these activities, TOI is an important partner in driving local economic growth, jobs, and wealth creation.